Welcome Challenge *Winners*

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1045

Re: Welcome Challenge

Post by pawprints »

cajenkins81 wrote:Really wanting to do this one but I'm stuck! I can't think of things for all the letters. Any ideas?? I need W, E for sure, and maybe a O haha.

You could use something White, and/or something Orange... :winkb: A little Envelope for E...

Image Image Image

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

blbabe1234 wrote:Here is mine:

Journaling: Rob and I feel in love with this sweet little girl who was left hanging out at the Middle School. Nobody claimed her and without a doubt, we welcomed her into our home. Being a puppy, she needed everything - puppy shots, a new dish, her own bed. She quickly settled with the other four and of course, got SPOILED! She learns soemthing new everyday and she keeps everyone on their toes.

W = washi tape
E = "eat" word art on the pp
L = leash sticker
C = cardstock
O = orange button
M = "Meet" in the title
E = embroidery thread

This is so cute Brandy!! I LOVE the background paper and those pics of Penny are adorable! The doggie washi tape is perfect! Thanks for doing my NSD challenge!

Image Image Image

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

ernstem wrote:W-wood veneer/washi-tape
E-edge punch
L-layers
C-Carta bella pp
O-October Afternoon tidbits
M-my mind's eye journal tag
E-echo park chipboard button

This is about meeting my SIL for the first time. She officially won't be my SIL until next Saturday. They live in a different state at this time and so I've only met her once. The speech bubbles are for talking and getting to know her. The words are reflective too: smile, hello, and so on. The red-head is my other SIL. ;)

Love the colors and all the layering and word art bubbles! Such a great pic and love how you did the journaling! Thanks for doing my NSD challenge!

Image Image Image

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

stateless wrote:Here is mine about the adoption of my kitty:

W- washi tape, also wood veneer
E - exclamation mark (in title)
L - layers
C - cat, also charm
O - orange (the color)
M - mouse die cut
E - edge that's punched

Love all the layers of paper strips and how the colors look against the teal background! Love the title on an angle in the large circle, and the edge punched paper strip at the bottom! Thanks for doing my NSD challenge!

Image Image Image

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

suewho372 wrote:Here is mine:
W = wood embellishment
E = envelope
L= lace
C= collar
O= odd number of clothespins and orange colors
M= MME paper strips from old collection wild asparagus
E= echo park woof collection brown bone paper strip

OMG look at little baby Memphis!!! Love the clothesline idea for the photos and how tags and ribbons and the journaling card are also clipped to the line with little tiny clothespins! Thanks for doing my NSD challenge!

Image Image Image

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

Sandi0805 wrote:Here's my layout for the challenge. I couldn't get it to post to the Welcome challenge gallery either.

W - wood butterflies

E - embossed paper

L - layering

C - cardstock

O - October Afternoon mini alphas

M - MME papers

E - eyelets

Fun challenge Barb.

Love the layering and the colors! Such pretty papers and love the butterflies! Such a sweet photo and title! Thanks for doing my NSD challenge!

ETA: This is in the Welcome challenge gallery. I just saw it there.

Image Image Image

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 735

Post by sherelm »

Barb - here's mine - it's in the regular gallery but I, too, got the "wrong submissions" message when trying to post to the Welcome gallery

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

sherelm wrote:Barb - here's mine - it's in the regular gallery but I, too, got the "wrong submissions" message when trying to post to the Welcome gallery

Love all the layering Sher and the twine wrapped around the photos is a really nice touch! Love the colors and all the word art and little embellies! Thanks for doing my NSD challenge!

I am going to PM Kristin about the gallery problem.

Image Image Image

ScrappyDistractions
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 844

Post by ScrappyDistractions »

This is a photo of Gurkha pipers welcoming us to dinner at a regimental ball in England.

W = Webster's Pages mini book page
E = Embossing (I heat embossed one of the burgundy strips with a harlequin pattern)
L = Lili Bee Design paper and letters
C = copper brads; cardstock
O = October Afternoon Sprinklers (Saddles and Cactus)
M = My Mind's Eye stickers
E - Epoxy brands from My Mind's Eye; edge punch

Last edited by ScrappyDistractions on Sun May 12, 2013 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lisa - Scrappy Distractions

ImageImageImage

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 735

Post by sherelm »

Barb, it won't let me post to any - not even my own!! I have no idea what's going on - I think all of us hostesses are just going to have to check both galleries for the submissions so we don't miss any.
Even if they fix it now - it'll be too late for all the girls to get it moved to the contest gallery - that's my thinking anyway.
pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

sherelm wrote:Barb, it won't let me post to any - not even my own!! I have no idea what's going on - I think all of us hostesses are just going to have to check both galleries for the submissions so we don't miss any.
Even if they fix it now - it'll be too late for all the girls to get it moved to the contest gallery - that's my thinking anyway.

That's what I've just been doing, checking to see if everyone that posted to my thread is in the gallery section for my challenge. Many are not. I am about to send Kristin a PM.

Image Image Image

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

ScrappyDistractions wrote:This is a photo of Gurkha pipers welcoming us to dinner at a regimental ball in England.

W = Webster's Pages mini book page
E = Embossing (I heat embossed one of the burgundy strips with a harlequin pattern)
L = Lili Bee Design paper and letters
C = copper brads; cardstock
O = October Afternoon Sprinklers (Saddles and Cactus)
M = My Mind's Eye stickers
E - Epoxy brands from My Mind's Eye; edge punch

What wonderful layering!! I love the mini envelope and the die cut doilies, and the neutrals with the small pops of color is a great look! Thanks for doing my NSD challenge!

Image Image Image

Melissa S.
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 85

Post by Melissa S. »

http://www.acherryontop.com/i/gallery2/253523-490.jpg

For the Welcome challenge I wanted to do an "anniversary" picture of Emily and her dog Sadie. Emily got her for her birthday, which is in July, and we always seem to be at the beach or the lake when the anniversary of welcoming Sadie comes around :)

W - Washi
E - Envelope, swirly patterned one
L - light blue patterned paper
C - Chipboard anchor
O - ocean wave cut with my Silhouette
M - Mini alphas ("Sadie")
E - Envelope, polka dot one layered over the yellow one

Thanks for the challenge!
Keling
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1509

Post by Keling »

Here's mine:

W - Worn Edge Frame
E - Edging (stitched flowers)
L - Lace
C - Chevron Paper
O - Owl
M - Mum flower
E - Ecru Doily

Journaling reads:
"This year, our family welcomed these adorable munchkins, my twin nieces, Isla and Aubrey! Time has just flown by and now these gorgeous girls are 8 months old!"
Sara
cajenkins81
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 256

Post by cajenkins81 »

Finally settled on something I want to do, and even found a Walrus!! haha. Working on it now!
Carolyn, mommy to Olivia (precocious preschooler) and Owen (rambunctious toddler).

2013 Page Totals: April - 3. May - 17. June - 25. July - 20. Aug - 20, 2 tags. Sept - 5. Oct - 13. Nov - 8. Dec - 14 LO, 2 projects, 1 card. 
Year: 125, 1 card, 2 projects, 2 tags 
2014 Page Totals: Jan - 15, 2 cards. Feb - 9, 1 project. Mar - 21 (I was busy!) (45 this year already)

My New Blog! Scrapper, Interrupted
lesmitch
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 173

Post by lesmitch »

here is mine
w- wood grain paper
e- ek success paper
l- lasso
c- corrugated paper
o-oval
m- matted photo
e - eyelets
 ImageImageImageImageImage

cajenkins81
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by cajenkins81 »

Finally got mine finished!! Took me 3 days to stew on this one and looking thru my collection to see what I wanted to do!!
[highlight=#NaNNaNNaN][/highlight]
[highlight=#NaNNaNNaN]W-We R Memory Keepers Whiteout Collection papers.[/highlight]
[highlight=#NaNNaNNaN]E-embroidery thread[/highlight]
[highlight=#NaNNaNNaN]L-layering[/highlight]
[highlight=#NaNNaNNaN]C-clear stickers[/highlight]
[highlight=#NaNNaNNaN]O-Orange button, Owl[/highlight]
[highlight=#NaNNaNNaN]M-Metal charm (the "BOY" hanging from part of title); also, My Minds Eye Rub-on alphas[/highlight]
[highlight=#NaNNaNNaN]E-Envelope (contains hidden journaling).[/highlight]

I did the journaling, it's just hidden. Hoping that's okay!![highlight=#NaNNaNNaN][/highlight]
[highlight=#NaNNaNNaN]Thanks for the challenge!!![/highlight]
[highlight=#NaNNaNNaN][/highlight]

http://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/173101
Last edited by cajenkins81 on Sun May 12, 2013 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carolyn, mommy to Olivia (precocious preschooler) and Owen (rambunctious toddler).

2013 Page Totals: April - 3. May - 17. June - 25. July - 20. Aug - 20, 2 tags. Sept - 5. Oct - 13. Nov - 8. Dec - 14 LO, 2 projects, 1 card. 
2014 Page Totals: Jan - 15, 2 cards. Feb - 9, 1 project. Mar - 21 (I was busy!) (45 this year already)

cajenkins81
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by cajenkins81 »

pawprints wrote:
sherelm wrote:Barb, it won't let me post to any - not even my own!! I have no idea what's going on - I think all of us hostesses are just going to have to check both galleries for the submissions so we don't miss any.

That's what I've just been doing, checking to see if everyone that posted to my thread is in the gallery section for my challenge. Many are not. I am about to send Kristin a PM.

I found that i have to first submit the image to MY gallery, then edit and go back and add it to a challenge gallery. It's been working that way for me.

blfonty
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 988

Post by blfonty »

I must say - these are all wonderful layouts and very creative coming up with items to match WELCOME. I ran out of time to finish this one, but enjoyed seeing all of the other Cherries projects. Congrats to all of you!

Bonnie
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

cajenkins81
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by cajenkins81 »

cajenkins81 wrote:
pawprints wrote:

I found that i have to first submit the image to MY gallery, then edit and go back and add it to a challenge gallery. It's been working that way for me.

Or not.... I just looked and mine wasn't in the challenge gallery. Gonna see if I can fix it.

Return to “NSD Crop 2013”