Hybrid Challenge - Art_Teacher #2 *WINNER*

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2322

Hybrid Challenge - Art_Teacher #2 *WINNER*

Post by Art_Teacher »

Great job everybody!  See, digi isn't that scary and hybrid is fun! ;)  Randomly drawn winner of this one is pawprints!  She gets 500 points and everybody else gets some, too. :)

My other hint was that you needed to be stocked on printer ink.  That is because this is a Hybrid Challenge.  For this challenge, you have to create a layout and print some of your own embellishments. :)  If you don't know how to do this, I did a tutorial long ago and the directions are here.  (On a side note...do you ever go to the Ideas tab of the Get Social?  That is where you will find all the tutorials from years past! ) There are tons of free digi elements at various digi sites.  If you don't know any place to get some digi elements, pm me.  Print out your embellies, preferably on cardstock, and cut and glue them to your layout.  For this challenge, you must print embellishments, but you can also print journaling and photos, if you like.  Be sure to tell us which elements are digi...sometimes it is hard to tell!  lol

Here are some of my hybrid examples:
On this layout, the photo mat papers, photo turns, and pawprints are all digi and printed and cut out!

On this card, the embellishment squares, background paper and bow are digi printed, and glued down, with real dotted ribbon and stamping.

Post your layout in the designated gallery spot by midnight, Friday, May 13th to be eligible to win the randomly drawn 500 points.  All participants will receive some points.  Must be a new layout and cannot be combined with any other challenges.

Last edited by Art_Teacher on Sat May 14, 2016 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
Yankeegirl
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1533

Re: Hybrid Challenge - Art_Teacher #2

Post by Yankeegirl »

Well, I will give it a try!  Thanks for the link.....hope I can figure this out!  I have downloaded some digi files in the past, but where, oh where are they stored?  LOL.....
I am running away from my responsibilities,
and it feels good!

Kathy

Image  Image  Image Image  Image      
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

Yankeegirl wrote:Well, I will give it a try!  Thanks for the link.....hope I can figure this out!  I have downloaded some digi files in the past, but where, oh where are they stored?  LOL.....
If you can't find them, just google free digital scrapbooking. ;) 
Laura
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3699

Post by blbabe1234 »

This is awesome Laura! I LOVE creating hybrid layouts. I have lots of doggie kits downloadedImage
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
DolphinSoul
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 506

Post by DolphinSoul »

I found images on google including the 3 Character Porthole Images on the bottom and then arranged them into the shape of Mickey Ears. I also Made the Porthole 'O's in the Title in photoshop with a porthole circle from google and then put the images behind them to make my own look with Mickey and Ariel The larger portholes are actual photos I took in our room of the characters going across our Magical Porthole window through the day. I cut out the 'Golden Portholes' that I put around them from a Disney Cruise Line Brochure. The photo on the right is a Postcard I purchased on the boat and the other Bill took of me. 

~ Carissa ~

Celticrose
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 88

Post by Celticrose »

Curious to know if this is layouts only or can a 'layout' be a card since one of the examples is a card?
ImageImageImage
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

It needs to be a layout.  I only used the card example to show how you could use hybrid embellishments. ;)
Laura
MoochieMama
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 59

Post by MoochieMama »

DolphinSoul wrote:I found images on google including the 3 Character Porthole Images on the bottom and then arranged them into the shape of Mickey Ears. I also Made the Porthole 'O's in the Title in photoshop with a porthole circle from google and then put the images behind them to make my own look with Mickey and Ariel The larger portholes are actual photos I took in our room of the characters going across our Magical Porthole window through the day. I cut out the 'Golden Portholes' that I put around them from a Disney Cruise Line Brochure. The photo on the right is a Postcard I purchased on the boat and the other Bill took of me. 

This is great. The 3 Character Porthole Images actually look 3 D to me, I  thought they were stickers and was going to ask you where you purchased them from. Love the LO.

Michelle

average_kim
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 846

Post by average_kim »

Will it count if I print an image to color in with my own markers?
Kim

Image Image  
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

average_kim wrote:Will it count if I print an image to color in with my own markers?
Sure. :)
Laura
average_kim
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 846

Post by average_kim »

Art_Teacher wrote:
average_kim wrote:Will it count if I print an image to color in with my own markers?
Sure. :)
Thanks!
Kim

Image Image  
jcsmaestra
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 922

Post by jcsmaestra »

I printed the hats, all the lettering, and the photos.  I used traditional pp, stamping, paint,journaling stickers,  and border paper.

Mary           Love is all around you.

ImageImage  Image Image Image

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1045

Post by pawprints »

Here is mine. This was so fun!

The ornaments, the red tree, the journaling tag, and the red chevron paper are all from the digital kit "Santa Paws" by Joyful Expressions. I did recolor any part that was mint green to a cream color to match the Basic Grey Jingleberry paper, which I absolutely love! I fussy cut the ornaments, the tree, and the journaling tag, and I painted the tops of the ornaments with gold Texture Luxe. Thanks for the really fun challenge!

Image Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3699

Post by blbabe1234 »

Here is mine:

Used Bella Gypsy's "Just a Big Sweetie" kit to print/cut out the flowers, doggie, the 2 sentiments and the yellow circle.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
Keling
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1509

Post by Keling »

I printed everything except the background cardstock.

Sara
scrappininAK
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1886

Post by scrappininAK »

here's mine - I created the 3x4 card and the phrase embellishment, then printed and cut out
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Re: Hybrid Challenge - Art_Teacher #2 *WINNER*

Post by Art_Teacher »

btt with winner in the OP!
Laura